General information of the Postgraduate Program on Industrial Design at UNAM Mexico
The Postgraduate Program on Industrial Design was founded 30 years ago. The initial plan was approved on March 26, 1980, and was launched in November 1981 with the first students generation; in December 1996 the (Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas de la UNAM
) Institute of Anthropological Research of UNAM was incorporated as a participant academic entity for the program.
The goal of the curriculum is to train professors in the different fields of knowledge that make up the study area of Industrial Design; capable of developing quality research in any of the lines of the discipline; prepared to counsel and disseminate their knowledge to the next generations and stakeholders in design and development activity.
The program offers:
The Master on Industrial Design will be:
- A flexible study plan that favors an efficient, current and timely response within the spectrum of the fields of knowledge that are taught according to the academic and professional needs, while promoting interdisciplinary interaction.
- A curriculum with an extensive expertise that integrates various fields of arts, humanities, science and technology.
- An appropriate academic, professional and personal development according to the changing global context.
- The duration of the program is four consecutive semesters in full time, but it is optional to study part time with two more additional semesters to complete their academic activities and graduation.
- An extraordinary academic infrastructure and material wealth, based on the proficiency, the level and diversity of its faculty, as well as an extensive infrastructure of laboratories, libraries, computer equipment, cultural and sports activities, among others. This wealth allows students to develop a comprehensive education, and to conduct their research work in optimal conditions.
- Participation in research networks and in national and international projects.
- Exchange and mobility opportunities with most universities in Mexico and the world.
- Quality assurance; as the program curriculum is registered and recognized in the highest level of the PNPC CONCACYT (Census of National Quality Postgraduate Programs of the Science and Technology National Council) currently in the fourth level that is as "International Competition Program".
A professional, with high academic standards prepared for teaching design and related disciplines
A researcher, able to work creatively, interdisciplinary and from design.
A qualified professional, to carry out advisory and consultancy services in multidisciplinary projects involving design.